Dear International Faculties, here’s some tips about how to visit or work at Peking University and what you can do after you get here.
First, if your home institution has any faculty exchange program with PKU, you may apply to it for being sent as a visiting scholar to PKU if you satisfy the relevant requirements. For more information.
You can also contact the departments of Peking University directly. Check here.
Now, get yourself a Visa.
You can come to China with 2 kinds of Visa, Z (working) Visa and F (visiting) Visa.
F Visa (less than 3 months) Application Process
● Application Procedures
1. Make sure to send in your application form before the deadline. Send your completed application and all required documents to the Exchange Program Office of your home university, or the departments of Peking University you have contacted.
2. Peking University will decide whether or not to approve your application.
3. As soon as you receive a letter of admission from Peking University, you should apply for a visa to China at your local Chinese consulate.
Z Visa (1 year or above) Application Process
● Application Procedures
1. Foreign teachers and scholars who would stay in China for at least one year may apply for Z visa (working visa) 3 months before working here.
2. Send all required application materials to the Exchange Program Office of your home university, or the departments of Peking University you have contacted
3. Peking University will decide whether or not to approve your application.
4. As soon as you receive a letter of admission and a working permit from Peking University, you should apply for a visa to China at your local Chinese consulate.
Under 65 years old;
2 years of teaching\researching experience
● Required Application Materials
1. Copy of your valid passport;
2. Complete and detailed CV;
3. Copy of your highest degree certificate;
4. Copy signed contract;
5. Copy of applicant's health examination report.
6. Marriage certificate if your husband/wife comes with you, and copy of his/her valid passport
7. Birth Certificate if your child (under 18 years old) comes with you, and his/her valid passports
After your arrival, you need to apply for Residence Permit in 1 month, and extent it 1 month before it expires.
Now, welcome to Peking University, the staff or your department will help you get your library card, meal card and any other things you need, if you have any problem here, please call them. Of course, you can also contact us,the Office of International Relations. We have plenty of activities for foreign teachers to make sure you feel like being at home. You can come to the International Faculty Club (known as IFC) to meet some new friends come from your country and others all over the world. Check it here.