|Home>> International Students >> Future Students
|Peking University Academic Excellence Scholarships
Chinese Government Scholarships
Peking University Academic Excellence Scholarships
Third year undergraduates, masters, and doctoral exchange students
1. Candidates must be regular students; they must not be on leave of absence or suspended
from the school.
2. Obey all Chinese laws and university rules, register on-time, study hard, and have superior
3. Undergraduates: Starting in their second school year, undergraduates must have passed all
required classes with an average GPA of at least 3.0. Undergraduates must have passed all
controlled elective classes.
4. Graduate students: Superior grades, great research ability, creative thought are all
requisite. Doctoral students who apply for scholarships must have published their thesis
and this must have taken place at Peking University and also published in an official
publication for your department at Peking University.
Values of Scholarships:
● Doctorate Academic Excellence Scholarship:
1st Prize: 10,000 RMB 5 students
2nd Prize:5,000 RMB 10 students
● Masters Academic Excellence Scholarship:
4,000 RMB 15 students
● Undergraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship:
3,000 RMB 30 students
(Note: International students who receive scholarships from the Chinese government do not directly receive the scholarship. They will only physically receive a certificate of honor and a souvenir)
Selection of Award Winners
With the recommendation of the student? department, a panel from the Division for International Students office, the Dean? Office, and the Office of Graduate Studies will choose among the candidates and report to the president of the university for final approval.
Individual departments make recommendations of candidates. A list of candidates should be posted in each department for soliciting of opinions. Mid-October individual departments should report their candidate lists and supplementary information to the Division for International Students office.
Supplementary information includes:
1. International student academic excellence proposal form
2. Transcript (including GPA of required classes for undergraduates)
3. Two letters of recommendation from a teacher of the student? department (not necessary
4. Published thesis
Panel reviews candidate proposals and makes selections, then presents this list to the office of the president for approval.
Scholarships are officially extended to students.