Explore important issues relevant to contemporary China with world-class academics from the London School of Economics (LSE) and Peking University (PKU).
Over two weeks, participants undertake an in-depth examination of new and exciting approaches to the important issues facing China and the world today, across a range of subjects including international relations, law, finance, economics, management, media, geography, big data, and social policy.
Here are the top 5 reasons our previous participants have rated the LSE-PKU Summer School so highly:
1. The LSE-PKU Summer School provides a unique opportunity to learn about China from within China, but with a truly international perspective.
2. The programme is taught in English by outstanding faculty from LSE and PKU - two of the world's leading institutions for teaching and research.
3. The diversity of attendees - in 2018, the LSE-PKU Summer School was attended by 483 participants from around 40 countries and regions across Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas, a quarter of whom were graduate professionals from different industries, governments and NGOs. This mix of participants enriches class discussions, social events and networking opportunities.
4. Doing something different makes a huge difference to academic and professional career prospects; our participants like to stand out from the crowd as future leaders in their fields.
5. The location - Beijing is one of the largest and most dynamic cities in the world, providing a fascinating base from which to learn more about China's economy, politics and social policies.